Our Architectural, Facility Planning & Design group provides an array of services for the Biological Sciences Division’s faculty and staff, including.
- Project planning, including feasibility studies.
- Project cost estimating.
- Assess space programming needs for clients. These assessments may include test-to-fit efforts to verify programmatic needs can be accommodated within the space identified for a project.
- Responsible for managerial oversight of consultants charged with developing MFSP, Building, Department, or Unit facility plans.
- Meets with department leadership to review the department's inventory of space, its utilization metrics, and outstanding commitments, and develops Mini-Departmental Facility Space Plans.
- Represents BSD on the AAMC Group for Institutional Planning: scans for the best practices in space management from other medical schools for adoption here at UC.
- Represents BSD on HEFMA Group for University Planning & SCUP: scans for the best practices in space management from other medical schools for adoption here at UC.